By: Rabia Mahfooz
Are you looking for something fulfilling yet mouthwatering? Hummus is a great option to consider when it comes to healthier dips, even a meal! Hummus is made from chickpeas, so it's packed full of nutrients like fiber, magnesium, and phosphorus. In fact, hummus has numerous benefits including lowering your cholesterol levels, helping you lose weight along with being a great source of iron. Make your hummus even healthier by adding cannaoil.
🍃 Prep time: 20-25 minutes
🍴 Serves: Yields 2-3 warm appetizing servings
INGREDIENTS for hummus:
- 1tsp. Water
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped and crushed (🌿 Wellness Tip: Use fresh garlic to experience the soothing aroma & best flaavor)
- 1/4 Cup Tahini Sauce (find tahini sauce recipe here)
- 1 Freshly Squeezed Lemon (🌿 Wellness Tip: Avoid bottled juice to sustain the freshness and taste of juice in hummus)
- 1 Regular Sized Chickpeas Can (Washed and Dried)
- 2 Tbsps. Cannaoil
- 1 tsp. Freshly grated zest of lemon, approx.
- 1/4 tsp. of sweet n smoked paprika powder
- Flaky sea salt or Kosher salt, as per taste
- Freshly crushed black pepper, as per taste
Take out your food processor, in its attached bowl with the blade on, put in the water, garlic clove, and tahini sauce along with lemon juice and blend well to make a smooth n gooey paste
Next, add a half can of chickpeas to the bowl and give it another spin.
Scrap off all the paste from the walls of the bowl and add the remaining half cup of chickpeas in.
With the food processer still running on, add cannaoil through the processor’s hose and keep blending until you get the right consistency. (Consistency depends on your choice, normally it should not be very runny or hard, a smooth and creamy texture is recommended)
Turn off the processing machine now.
Add in the remaining ingredients; lemon zest, smoked paprika power, salt, turmeric power and black pepper and combine well.
🔥 Note: You should serve it warm, because serving a hummus cold is a serious crime, no kidding!
Have you tried dreamy creamy cannaoil hummus? If so, share your experience with us below.
Author: RABIA MAHFOOZ
High, I'm Rabia and I love food! There are so many variations to it. Cooking allows me to blend in and experiment with ingredients and to come up with delicious recipes. By profession, I'm a writer, photographer, and a project manager but by heart, I am a pure food lover!