By: Kristin Duvall
Java Junkies, rejoice! The past decade has seen science proving what you knew all along, namely (Duh...) that your favourite beverage is good for you. When married with coconut oil, with its evidence-based benefits, as well as cannabis and a couple of other healthy ingredients, you’re set for a drink from heaven! Please note that when taken as part of a ketogenic diet only, is this frothy delight likely to assist, even accelerate weight loss.
🍃 Prep time: With prepared cannabis coconut oil, approximately 15 min. Without prepared cannabis-infused coconut oil, approximately 4 – 5 hours and 15 mins.
🍴Serves: Cannabis Coconut Creamer is enough for approximately 8 – 16 cups of coffee.
Ingredients for Cannabis Coconut Coffee:
- 15 – 30 ml Cannabis Coconut Coffee Creamer (see recipe below)
- 300 ml hot coffee, freshly brewed from your favorite organic, freshly-ground coffee beans
- Raw honey for a sweetener
Cannabis Coconut Coffee Creamer:
- 3/4 Cup Cleansing Cannabis Coconut Oil at room temperature. (In a beverage first thing in the morning, you might want your cannabis-infused coconut oil to be mild in its psychoactive action. Consider infusing the oil with hemp, which is a different part of the Cannabis Sativa plant, high in CBD, and low in THC, the psychoactive component.)
- 5 ml organic Ceylon cinnamon powder (NB - use only organic Ceylon cinnamon)
- 15 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder (optional, but maybe it shouldn’t be, because it’s the magnesium powerhouse! Magnesium is also crucial for women's hormonal health. This recipe just gets better and better...)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir till well combined. Store the Cannabis Coconut Coffee Creamer in a glass jar.
Use a normal food processor, or a hand-held blender to blend the warm coffee, Cannabis Coconut Coffee Creamer and natural sweetener at high speed for approximately 5 seconds. Pour in your favorite mug, kick back and enjoy!
Have you tried energizing cannabis coconut coffee? If so, share your experience with us below.
AUTHOR: KRISTIN DUVALL
Previously a biofeedback practitioner and nutrition consultant, I now prefer to investigate and educate through journalism and writing. In my youth, I survived a serious car accident that left me with severe head injuries. It set me on a path of personal healing, and today I am completely healed and fully functioning. Cannabinoid medicine was introduced to my personal repertoire of natural remedies only a few years ago, and is, for me, unparalleled in its efficacy to treat mild anxiety, insomnia, pain and psychosomatic disorders.