By: Rabia Mahfooz
Summer is right around the corner. Elevate your day with a refreshing glass of cranberry cannabis lemonade. Skip the sugar-loaded juices and stay hydrated and lifted. Cranberries can improve immune functioning, decrease blood pressure, and lower your risk for urinary track infections. These are only a few of the health benefits of this powerful antioxidant. Combined with cannabis, the health effects are amplified.
Here’s how you can enjoy this blissful beverage all summer long.
🍃Prep time: 1 Hour and 20 minutes
🍴 Serves: Yields 4 refreshing servings!
Ingredients for Lemonade:
- Ingredients for a revitalizing buzz on the go!
- 1/3 cups of sugar or substitute with 1/4 cup of raw honey for the cranberry extract. (🌿 Wellness Tip – honey contains zero preservatives or other additives. Opt for raw honey to reap the most health benefits)
- 1/3 cup of honey of honey to sweeten the lemonade.
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (around 3 or 4 lemons)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 drops cannabis tincture (🌿 Wellness Tip – check the strength of your tincture before consuming. Start slow and listen to your body.)
Combine cranberries with either 1/3 cup of sugar or 1/4 cup of raw honey. Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring occasionally. Continue cooking until the mixture is soft. Then, strain the mixture over a glass bowl to extract the syrup.
In a separate saucepan add 1/3 cup honey along with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Keep stirring until the honey is dissolved.
Turn off the stove and set aside the mixture. Let it cool at room temperature. Once cooled, cover the mixture with a plate or plastic wrap or anything you find and refrigerate it until fully chilled.
Take out the chilled mixture from the refrigerator. Then, mix the freshly squeezed lemon juice, cranberry juice and the remaining water with it.
Now add your cannabis tincture into the mixture. We recommend just 2 drops.
Transfer the all-set-mixture into the cocktail shaker and shake it, shake it, shake it!
Serve on the rocks.
Have you tried cranberry cannabis lemonade? If so, share your experience with us below.
Author: Rabia Mahfooz
High, I'm Rabia and I love food! There are so many variations to it. Cooking allows me to blend in and experiment with ingredients and to come up with delicious recipes. By profession I'm a writer, photographer, and a project manager but by heart, I am a pure food lover!